Servoca Nursing & Care are recruiting for a qualified Senior Residential Support Worker who has experience working with Children and Young adults with complex needs.
Hours: 40hrs p/week
Pay: £10+ p/hour
Holidays: 28days p/annum
As a Children’’s Residential Support Worker, your role will include working with a wide variety of complex needs. This may include:
* Mental Health
* Learning Disabilities
* Challenging Behaviour
* Personality Disorders
* Sexual Exploitation
* Physical and Mental Abuse
* Educational Needs
* Childhood Trauma
Your tasks will involve working with a network of professionals, including the managers, to promote positive development amongst young people by:
* Maintaining good practice within the work place/living environments
* Promoting the ethos of the work place/living environments
* Managing services to meet the needs of the young people
* Acting as a key worker
* Identifying and understanding the needs of young people and acting upon this
* Using the living environment/community to promote social learning
* Recording and monitor internal/external contacts, admissions and discharge
* Promoting and participating in work, activities and education within the residential environment
* Apprising young people on their circumstances and rights
* Putting into practice personalised care plans with individual needs/outcomes in mind
* Assisting the manager with leadership and staff development
* Deploying, monitor and supervise staff in accordance with the NMS
* Managing finances and expenditure
* Ensuring records and communication systems are up to date with written reports and reviews
This role requires an NVQ L3 or equivalent in the Children and Young People Workforce with at least 6 months, paid UK experience in this sector.
A transferrable Adult and Child DBS is needed for this post but we can support you with this.
There is no requirement to drive but it is preferred.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now or call us on 0151 227 4900.