Servoca Nursing & Care are recruiting for a qualified Residential Support Worker who has experience working with Children and Young adults with complex needs.
Hours: 40hrs p/week
Pay: £9- £10p/hour
Holidays: 28days p/annum
As a Children’’s Residential Support Worker, your role will include working with a wide variety of complex needs. This may include:
* Mental Health
* Learning Disabilities
* Challenging Behaviour
* Personality Disorders
* Sexual Exploitation
* Physical and Mental Abuse
* Educational Needs
* Childhood Trauma
Your tasks will involve working with a network of professionals to promote positive development amongst young people by:
* Ensuring the living environment is comfortable and sensitive to their needs
* Identifying and understanding the needs of young people and acting upon this
* Use the living environment/community to promote social learning
* Maximising education and leisure time
* Record and monitor internal/external contacts, admissions and discharges
* Promote and participate in work, activities and education within the residential environment
* Apprising young people on their circumstances and rights
* Putting into practice personalised care plans with individual needs/outcomes in mind
This role requires an NVQ L3 or equivalent in the Children and Young People Workforce with at least 6 months, paid UK experience in this sector.
A transferrable Adult and Child DBS is needed for this post but we can support you with this.
There is no requirement to drive but it is preferred.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now or call us on 0151 227 4900.